NOTE: The following Wednesday after the week of final exams is the day when graduate degree candidates are required to hand in their theses and dissertations to the MSU Graduate School in order to have their degrees conferred. For more specific dates, please refer to the Academic Calendar.
When is the submission deadline for my thesis or dissertation?
- In most cases, the submission deadline is on the Friday that is exactly four weeks before the start date (four weeks before the end of summer II term).
- For a complete listing of the dates, kindly see the deadline calendar.
- It does not appear that the committee that will be evaluating my thesis or dissertation will provide its approval before the deadline for submitting it.
- What action should I take?
How do you write a thesis at Michigan State University?
- After the word ″By,″ leave a single space, then double it, and type the author’s name in its whole, as it is recognized by the Michigan State University.
- It is required that the author’s name be used consistently over the entirety of the submission.
- There is a strict prohibition on using shorter forms of names or nicknames.
- At least 2.5 inches should be left below the name for you to type either ″A DISSERTATION″ or ″A THESIS″ in all capital letters.
When should I apply to Michigan State University?
- Applications for undergraduate study at Michigan State University will be accepted for as long as there are still openings in the program.
- However, in recent years the number of competent candidates has surpassed the number of available spaces; hence, students are encouraged to submit their applications by November 1 to assure the maximum level of evaluation.
- The majority of new students sign up for classes in the fall.
How to write a master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation?
Construct your Master’s Thesis or Doctoral Dissertation in accordance with the particular guidelines outlined in the Graduate School Formatting Guide. Send the Approval Form that you filled out to the Graduate School. If you conducted your study on human participants, you are required to submit the IRB Letter.