- The use of abbreviations in a dissertation is subject to a large number of regulations.
- When you use acronyms, which are constructed by utilizing the initial letter of each word in a phrase, you should write the first occurrence of the phrase in its entirety, and then insert the abbreviation in parenthesis immediately after it.
- This is because acronyms are case-sensitive.
- After then, you are free to utilize the acronym in the subsequent parts of the text.
List of Abbreviations
- Place the header ″LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS″ in the center of the page, using all capital letters, and place it 1 inch below the top of the page
- Between the headline and the first entry, you should include one line with double spacing
- Prepare an alphabetical listing of your abbreviations
Should I include abbreviations in my thesis or dissertation?
If your thesis or dissertation uses a lot of acronyms or symbols, it would be helpful to add a list of abbreviations so that your reader can follow along. The following is a list that has been arranged in alphabetical order and defines each of these terms.
Where to place the glossary in a dissertation?
How Should the Glossary Be Organized in the Dissertation? In a dissertation, the list of terms to be defined in the glossary is almost often included at the beginning of the document, just after the list of tables and figures or the list of abbreviations.
Where do you put the list of abbreviations in a document?
Where should the list of abbreviations be placed exactly? The list of abbreviations has to be included at the beginning of the document, immediately following the table of contents in the appropriate location. In addition to that, the list has to be incorporated into the table of contents.
How do you write abbreviations in a research paper?
The use of abbreviations in a dissertation is subject to a large number of regulations. When you use acronyms, which are formed by using the first letter of each word in a phrase, you should write the first occurrence of the phrase in full, and place the abbreviation in parentheses immediately after it. This is because acronyms are formed using the first letter of each word in a phrase.